Indoor Sports Monthly – December 2014
Volume 4, Issue 3
Indoor air quality has become a chief concern in the design of sports facilities, especially in schools. This issue of Indoor Sports Monthly highlights the FloorScore® certification and how it applies to various rating systems.
A Leader in Environmental Stewardship
Tarkett has always been at the forefront of developing environmental practices in flooring manufacturing. This year was no exception. By focusing on the creation of a sustainable loop of production, Tarkett has made some important strides in recent years. Click the video link above to see how Tarkett has continued its commitment to environmental stewardship and its plan for a sustainable future.
Take Credit for Indoor Air Quality
When it comes to indoor air quality, FloorScore® certification represents one of the highest standards in the industry. It is important to know that FloorScore® is recognized by numerous rating systems, such as LEED and CHPS. Here is a list of systems that recognize FloorScore®:
- USGBC LEED criteria for EQ4.3 (carpet systems, flooring)
- Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) (low-emitting products)
- California Section 01350 Specification Standard Method, Version 1.1 (2010)
- Green Guide for Health Care
- ANSI/GBI 01-2010 Green Building Assessment Protocol for Commercial Buildings
- ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1 Standard for the Design of High-Performance Green Buildings
- NAHB ANSI National Green Building Standard
- HBN Pharos Project
- NSF/ANSI 332-2010 Sustainability Assessment for Resilient Floor Coverings
- EPA Tools for Schools Program
Built-In Surface Protection
In addition to competitive sports, more and more gyms are required to host non-sporting events with tables, chairs, and other equipment. Tarkett Sports’ Omnisports multi-use flooring has become a popular solution, because it handles this circumstance with ease. Part of the reason Omnisports is so effective in multi-use sports areas is its unique TopClean xp™ surface treatment. TopClean xp™ protects the Omnisports surface against scratches and aids the removal of sole marks, but most importantly, it allows the floor to transition between sports and non-sporting events without the need for a protective covering. With this capability, an Omnisports floor is one of the most versatile sports surfaces on the market.
Find a Representative
Tarkett Sports has the knowledge and expertise to make your sports facility a success. Find a regional representative to get started.
Request More Information
Contact Tarkett Sports to request information, order samples, or subscribe to our Indoor Sports Monthly newsletter.